Monday, May 16, 2011

BUSY!

Holy cow what a busy couple of weeks. Started by getting the front yard worked on last Saturday, May 7, 2011. Got some hand-me-down curbing in  that created 3 new flower beds, moved 8 tons of dirt to the flower beds and around the yard, planted grass, then had a BBQ with friends. This was apparently too much for the kids as they have both been teething or sick since.
Mother's day didn't start off too well as everyone was too tired from the previous day's work to get up, so I got up by myself and went to church by myself. My day was made when Kael walked in to sacrament meeting with Noah and Belle freshly bathed and in their Sunday best. Noah sang with the primary for the first time, and he was the darling kid who got ahold of the microphone while no one was watching (that being my job, not only as his mother, but also as the primary chorister) and shouted, "Heavenly Father" into it like he was starting a prayer. Could have been a lot worse.
After church, we went for a quick drive. While stopped at a red light, Kael was distracted by the beautiful Harley Davidson motorcycles that were parked next to us. The riders saw this poor guy in a white shirt and tie driving a minivan and ogling the bikes and did an amazing thing. Pointed over to me, and mouthed, "Happy Mother's Day!" It was awesome!
Monday, Noah was not feeling well so we got to have a movie day. Lots of fun, except for the part where he puked all over me, the couch, and one of my favorite blankets.
Tuesday was quite boring.
Wednesday was interesting. My mom lost her job, so while Noah had an extended play date with his cousin RaeAnna, Belle and I drove down bearing Diet Coke and M&M's to see if we could cheer her up. My mother is amazing! She was in quite good spirits and I found myself so enjoying the time with her, it was a little hard to pack up and go home when it was time to go pick up Noah.
Thursday was pretty boring.
Friday, we had fun planning the vegetable garden.
Saturday we ran a bunch of errands in the morning, and planted the garden in the afternoon. After getting the garden in, we had some friends come over to roast hot dogs and eat dutch oven potatoes cooked in the back yard. We have some amazing friends.
Funny story, while prepping the bacon to put in the potatoes, Kael had to step away for a moment. Noah took this opportunity to try some "ham". As I yanked the fully chewed bite of raw bacon out of his mouth, I wondered what the next couple of days might be like and if I ought to be afraid. Turns out, he was a bit tired, but never got sick, thank goodness. After Monday, I was not looking forward to being thrown up on again. While our friends were outside, the kids came in to go to bed and Noah and I ended up on the couch watching Tangled. I felt bad that I kind of ditched my own dinner party, but how long can I truly expect my son to want to spend a Saturday night watching movies with mom. It was a great time.
Sunday found me really tired and not fully having a desire to go to church, so I managed to find a sub for primary and went back to sleep. About 5 minutes later, Kael got a call from the elders quorum president saying that a power line in the parking lot of the church had been blown down and that services had been cancelled. Love it when the weather isn't feeling much like having me go to church either. Hoping to feel more motivated next week.
Wow, what a long post. Loving life today and hoping the next few weeks are a bit less eventful, but just as much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment