Feeling a bit off my game this morning. Ever have a situation where you do something, someone takes offense, and now you are unable to apologize, unable to fix the situation, and now you're mad because they assumed you meant to make them feel bad. THAT SUCKS!
Being mad about that situation makes me short tempered everywhere else in my life to, so I'm more likely to cause more trouble than fix anything. I think I'd like a do over.
On the plus side, my Easter Sugar Cookies are baked and I think I'll have time to decorate while kids are taking naps.
I need to remember than offense is taken, not given. That means I can choose to defuse any situation by choosing not to take offense. What a wonderful insight while typed, really hard to put into practice. Hopefully I can pull it off.
No comments:
Post a Comment